Wednesday, July 2, 2008

summer salad

Ok everybody...... I want you all to post a salad recipe that is great in the summer time! Come on I can't be the only one posting!

I just had this salad and it is one I have to share!
I don't even know the name!


2 cans corn
1 can black beans
2-3 green onions
1 pepper (any color)
1-2 Roma tomatoes
cilantro (I'm not sure how much)
1 cup mayo
1 bag chili Freetos


mix all the ingredients then serve!

Seriously one of my favorites....
So now I want 1 summer salad recipe from you all!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

How about a summer fruit soup?

In med. saucepan, combine:
1/2 c. sugar, 3 T. quick-cooking tapioca, and 1 1/2 c. water. Cook over med. heat for 5-6 min. until thickened and clear. Remove and stir in the following:
1- 6 oz frozen orange juice
1- 10 oz. frozen strawberries, thawed
2 c. fresh or frozen peach slices, thawed, cut into bite size pieces.
1- 11 oz. mandarin oranges,drained
Mix well, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Just before serving add 2 med. bananas. Serves 6

Kimberly said...

I tried to make the KFC style coleslaw I love the sweet and spicy coleslaw and everyone swore it was so here is that recipe. It's so simple.You need:
1- prepacked bag of coleslaw the one with the green and purple cabbage and shredded carrots.
1- horseradish
1/2 c. mayo
Stir all together and your ready to serve.

Kim Allsup said...

Thanks for commenting Kimberly... Your recipes sound great! I love the coleslaw at KFC too!